One of the most rewarding journeys you can ever go on is the one that leads you to the greater version of yourself. Through getting out of your comfort zone and committing to growth, a new life begins to unfold before your eyes. If you’re curious on what things you can to to start the journey, here are 50 ways to explore personal growth.
A personal growth journey will get you clear about who you are, what you want in life, and what will keep you motivated. Then, you will actually have to tools to go after what you want!
Sounds good, right?
Personal Growth vs Fixed Mindset
One of the first things I do when trying to establish if someone is truly ready for coaching and change is I make sure they have a growth mindset. Without it, we aren’t really coachable to become the person we desire to be.
What’s the difference?
- Fixed mindset: The belief that you are born with a set of skills, talents, and intelligence are fixed traits. You believe you aren’t able to change who you are. People with a fixed mindset often say things like, “I’ve never been able to dance. There’s no way I could learn how to salsa.”
- Growth mindset: The belief that you can learn any skill, talent, or personality trait if you give it effort and attention. You believe you can always become a different version of yourself. People with a growth mindset say things like, “I’ve never started a business before, but I’m sure I can figure it out.”
Once you get yourself into a growth mindset, there is a never-ending opportunity to evolve. Life becomes a chance to become something new, a greater version of yourself around every corner.
There are simple ways to continue to grow and explore who you are. Even in tiny ways, continuing to walk forward on your growth journey is incredibly satisfying and rewarding, even when it’s challenging.
50 Ways to Continue Personal Growth
One of the major things I want you to notice as you read through this list is that very few of these things actually cost money. Don’t allow a limited budget to keep you in a fixed mindset.
Read through the list and note the ones that intrigue you. It’s always best to start with what intrigues you, rather than what you feel like you “should” do.
- Write in a journal.
- Watch a Ted Talk or inspirational YouTube channel.
- Ask a friend for feedback.
- Take a personality test.
- Read a personal development book.
- Spend silent time in nature.
- Do a guided meditation.
- Go somewhere new.
- Watch a Documentary.
- Create a vision for your future.
- Try a new hobby.
- Explore your emotions.
- Join a mastermind community.
- Visit a museum (you can do some online).
- Take time away from technology.
- Be curious to learn from elderly around you.
- Define your purpose or “why.”
- Take an online class.
- Chat with a stranger and be curious (online works, too).
- Make a vision board.
- Write down your life story and big lessons.
- Spend quality time with yourself in the mirror.
- Try a new style of movement.
- Make more eye contact with strangers.
- Engage in hard ass conversations.
- Write a letter to your future self.
- Do something creative.
- Volunteer for a cause you believe in.
- Declutter the things that don’t bring you joy.
- Work with a coach or therapist.
- Take inventory of your strengths and weaknesses.
- Practice breath work.
- Spend a few hours “doing nothing.”
- Write down what your dream life looks like
- Explore your spirituality.
- Challenge your beliefs.
- Follow accounts that inspire you.
- Sit and people watch, noticing what comes up.
- Write down your accomplishments.
- Go on a retreat.
- Get clear on your finances and the goals.
- Take a long walk without technology.
- Ask how you can better support those you love.
- Write your own affirmations and recite them daily.
- Wear something out of your comfort zone.
- Find a mentor you can learn from in your career.
- Explore your sexuality and sensuality.
- Try and elimination diets to see if anything in your diet is impacting your mood and health.
- Try different morning and evening routines.
- Keep track of what you’re learning.
Honestly – you can find a way to grow in every scenario you’re in. It’s about having the growth mindset and keeping an open mind for how you can keep exploring who you are.
Wanna fast track your personal development journey? Check out my Self Discovery Toolkit, which gives you a deep dive into my top lessons on how to figure out who are truly are. On top of the lessons and workbooks, you’ll find yoga classes, breathing exercises, and meditations, all designed to take you further into your growth journey.
I’d love to know, what are three things from the list that you’ll start implementing this month? Let me know in the comments!